INTERNAL COMPLAINT COMMITTEE
The Supreme Court of India, in a landmark judgement in August 1997(Vishakha & others VS State of Rajasthan & others), stated that every instance of Sexual Harassment is a violation of “Fundamental Rights” under Articles 14,15 ,21 of the Constitution of India & amounts to a violation of the ‘Right to Freedom’ under Article19 (1) (g).
The Government of India accordingly enacted the Sexual Harassment of Women at workplace (prevention, prohibition and redressal) Act 2013. The Act is an extension of the Vishakha Guidelines issued by the Supreme Court in 1997.
In compliance with UGC Guidelines, Dr. Kanailal Bhattacharyya College constituted an Internal Complaint Committee (ICC). It seeks to address protection against gender discrimination and sexual harassment of women in the college campus , prevention and redressal of such complaints and for matters connected therewith or incidental thereto. ICC will be responsible for the redressal of complaints made by women teachers, women non-teaching staff and girl students to ensure time-bound treatment of the complaints as provided in the Act.
Some important information regarding Vishakha Protocol instructed by U.G.C. Guideline
MEMBERS OF ICC
- Effective enforcement of basic human rights of gender equality and guarantee against sexual harassment and oral/physical abuse at college campus as directed by U.G.C. following Vishakha Guidelines.
- Sexual harassment against women in any form(whether deregatory or sexually abusive remarks, physical or psychological ill treatment or threat of any kind) is an unacceptable and punishable offence and strictly prohibited in the college campus.
- The Internal Complaint Committee (ICC) of the college aims to prevent any form of sexual harassment in the college campus and it will examine particularly all matters gender related to girl students, women teachers and women non-teaching staff.
- Internal Complaint Committee will have no gender bias in the terms of receiving complaints. Female employees and girl students can lodge such written complaints with witness signature about harassment by other employees, faculties, classmates.
- Internal Complaint Committee have the power to make an enquiry committee, if it feels fit, to examine particular complaints.
- PROF. SIPRA GANGULY (Convener & HOD. in Philosophy)
- MRS. MALLIKA ROY CHOWDHURY (Advocate)
- DR. SURANJANA GANGULY (Psychiatrist)
- PROF. SAMPA ROY BAGCHI (HOD. in Education)
- PROF. SUDIPTA BHOWMICK (HOD. in Zoology)
- MRS. LISA BAG (Library Assistant)
For any Query and Grievance send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with full details.