Students play are the pivotal role in all Higher Education Institutions. The teaching-learning process is only fruitful only on the basis of close association between 1. teachers and students 2. the administrative system and students. The holistic development of students is the main purpose of all Higher Education Institutions. To fulfill this goal students’ union plays a conscious and dynamic role in the Educational Institutions. Like other Higher Education Institutions, this college has a Students’ Union.
All the students choose their representatives through a democratic process and form the union with The General Secretary, as the leader of the students and Assistant General Secretary, Treasurer, Cultural Secretary, Games, and Sports Secretary and all other members assist the General Secretary. Hon’ble Principal is the President of the Students’ Union.
Aims and Objectives of the Students’ Union :
- To bring unity among the students and safeguard their rights.
- To promote discipline, sense of responsibility, integrity, and fraternity among the students.
- To aid and help the study of needy and poor students especially coming from the disadvantageous section of the society.
- To work in favour of upholding the principles of Democracy, Secularism, and Nationalism.
- To organize co-curricular and extra-curricular activities like Debates, Cultural Events, Sports, Publication of the college magazine, organize annual cultural programme and freshers’ welcome.
- Students’ union actively participate in all NSS programmes and career counselling programmes.